Entries to the Syracuse Press Club Professional Recognition Awards Contest will be submitted using betternewspapercontest.com. Below are directions for preparing and submitting entries. If you have questions, please contact Sarah Hall at (315) 263-8631.
You can also contact one of the Syracuse Press Club awards coordinators by email:
Sarah Hall: email@example.com
Julie McMahon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Lohmann: email@example.com.
The deadline for all entries is Thursday, January 31, 2019.
- Go to www.betternewspapercontest.com.
- Click “Contestant Login” on right side of page.
- If you are the contest supervisor for your media organization, click Contest Manager.
- Select the appropriate contest from the drop-down menu — “2018 SPC Professional Recognition Awards”
- Select the appropriate News Organization. (If your news organization is not listed, contact
- Enter your temporary password: bnc (lower case), and click Login. When you first login, the system will prompt you to create a new secure password.
- After you log in, click on My Contests at the top of the page and then click Submit Entry.
- Once you begin to submit entries, BetternBNCAdmin will send an validation email to the email address listed for the Contest Manager. You must click on the validation link.
- Select the appropriate Division (a larger grouping of categories).
- Select the appropriate Category.
- (If applicable) Read the corresponding Category Note (directly below the Category selection box), describing what is expected for the category’s entry content.
- Complete the Headline/Title field.
- Based on the type of entry, add content:
- To upload file attachments (other than audio/video), click Browse, navigate to the desired file, select Open, and click Upload. Allowed file types are PDF, DOC, TXT, JPG, GIF, and PNG. If more than one attachment is desired for this entry, repeat these steps. If you reach a point where you cannot add any more attachments to an entry, you may have reached the attachments limit, set by your contest administrator. Please try to keep file sizes to 5mb or less, to aid judges in accessing entry content. For larger files (between 5-50mb), you may upload your file(s) to www.issuu.com, and copy and paste the URL into the Web URL field.
- To add web/audio/video content: copy and paste the content’s web address into the provided Web URL field. To host your content online, either upload it to a free streaming content website (e.g. YouTube) or talk to your IT person about adding it to your organization’s website. Make sure the content will be accessible online throughout the contest and awards process. Here are some examples of free streaming content websites where you can upload audio and video content:
- IMPORTANT: Please ensure that items are not behind a pay wall or a password-protected area. If they are, you must provide username/password info in the Comments section of your entry. Judges may disqualify your entry if work samples are inaccessible
- Click next.
- Add credits for those responsible for the entry content.
- Add comments (if applicable), but keep them brief (e.g. 100 words).
- Click submit.
- During the submission process, you will be asked to update the Contest Manager contact info one more time, and to provide a secondary contact name, email and phone number for use in case the Contest Manager cannot be reached.
To Make a Payment:
- Follow directions on contest site, betternewspapercontest.com.
- NOTE: Entries will not be judged unless full payment has been received by the Syracuse Press Club.
|Rules and Eligibility||Categories||Enter Now|